The Equality Act provides a legal framework to protect the rights of individuals and to have equal opportunity for all. It promotes a fair and equal society and protects individuals from unfair treatment. A key part of this is protection from discrimination on the grounds of protected Characteristics. These include:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation
Under the Equality Act we are required to publish:
- Information to show how our school complies with the Equality Duty. This is done through our Equalities Policy and Acessability Plan.
- Specific and measurable equality objectives.
Our Objectives for 2018 -2019 are:
- To provide an environment that protects, respects and welcomes diversity
- To increase awareness and understanding of issues in different communities
- To close gaps in progress between all groups of pupils with particular focus this year on our Disadvantaged groups
- To ensure that everyone has opportunities to make a positive contribution to the life of our school
- To increase parental involvement in different aspects within the school in order to strengthen and develop relationships with parents
- To raise awareness of on how to effectively support children arriving with low English Proficiency