Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Alima Choudhury Ethan Hattle
Safwan Islam Aminah Khan
Sophia Hortolomei Alfie Gough
Rory Waterfield Summer Benger-Stevenson
Ismail Islam Muaad Mustaq
Nana Appiah-Nuamah Thahiya Anjum
Ekamjeet Kooner Izabela Tesluk
Genavieve Gregory Seth Minter
Ellisia Burke Jovani Kesto
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Eduard Tipa Lucy Hudson
Aminah Khan Megan Frost
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Ajwa Adnan and Amelia Lam
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle 31 Orange 10 Blue 21
Circle 9 Yellow 10 Red 11
Square 16 Purple 5 Gold 13
Well done Purple Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to
Ava-Rose Ashmenall Max Duggan Zahra Amreen
Haaris Mufti Muaad Mustaq Billy Gurney
Zaima Fayyaz Armani Taylor
Saihaan Ali Muhammed Muteen
This week’s news.
- The children had a Harvest Assembly. During the previous week children who were seen to be sharing well, were given a raffle ticket. This was drawn in the assembly. William Chapman won a basket of fruit. Well done William.
- We had a wonderful turnout of parents to our ‘Hot chocolate’ coffee morning.
- The nearly new sale was very popular. Everyone got a bargain and we made an amazing £119. This will be used to purchase resources for your children to use.
- The PTA (parent teacher association) met to discuss the Friday Festive Fun. Put the date in your diary- 24th November. More details later. The PTA will soon be asking for helpers!
- Mandy and Zoe ran a family craft session which was enjoyed by all the parents and children who attended.
- The PTA organised a non-uniform day to raise funds for I-pads that can be used across the school. The children love coming to school in their own clothes and staff enjoy the occasional dress down day! We made £203 which is great. Thank you everyone!
- This half term has ended with our Apple Day celebrations. Lots of apple tasting, learning about apples and other fun apple activities. Why not do some apple bobbing at home next week?
- Have a lovely break next week, I hope lots of you get to do the Autumn Search Challenge. Remember that Monday 30th is a staff training day so the children start on Tuesday 31st October.
Next Week beginning Tuesday 31st October
- We have a fairly quiet start to next half term.
- Year 2 will watch a performance on Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot. This will form part of their history work in the classroom.
- Friday is going to be an ECO day with a focus on Energy. The whole school will be doing lots of work and activities that are to do with Energy. They will learn about the importance of saving energy such as electricity. They will be encouraged to talk about this at home. There will be an Energy Saving Challenge for the whole family coming home soon.
- The PTA (parent teacher association ) is holding an informal meeting in the family room on Friday afternoon (3rd November) at 2.30pmnfor all parents who would like to find out more about the PTA, You may wish to join, just offer occasional help, or just find out more about what they do! Please come!
- Children will be learning about Keeping Safe on Bonfire night.
If you have any questions or worries about supporting your child in their homework, please speak to the class teacher.
Regular attendance is important. Please ensure that your child comes to school every day possible and always on time. If they seem under the weather send them in, we can always phone if they become unwell.