Weekly News 24th November
Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Piritiha Kamalarajan Isaam Zaman
Nicole Neil Hisan Ahmed
Natalie Masona Robert Cosovan
Elijah Nkrumah Yusef Islam Mohamed
Oliwier Wojtalewics Muhammad-Basit Aziz
Karell Kandekore Isabelle Munn
Ana Goncalves Ibrahim Afzal
Antonia Cosovan Rarel Sora
Kaja Biesiada David Biderel
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Mumin Gulriaz Joel Picard
Florence Andrews Eleanor Matos
Angelina Lewis Tobi Akinleye
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Gabriel Barczak Sammi Saleh
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle 31 Orange 33 Blue 8
Circle 21 Yellow 6 Red 10
Square 39 Purple 21 Gold 4
Well done GOLD Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to……
Raya Ahmed Caitlin Smart Lena Shields
Nana Appiah-Nuamah Jake Hosey
This week’s news.
- The eco team led an assembly on Switch off Fortnight. The children were reminded to save energy such as gas and electricity. Some of the ideas were for grown-ups too, so your child may talk about these at home. Do you use saucepan lids, turn the washing machine down to 30 degrees, only fill the kettle with the water you need, turn off the standby on electrical items, shower instead of bathe? All these ideas save money as well as energy!
- The family workers’ held another let’s get cooking session which was enjoyed by the parents and children.
- Some year 2 pupils attended an athletics competition at Inspire. They performed well and really enjoyed themselves. Their behaviour was excellent and they were a credit to the school.
- Our Christmas tree arrived!
- Each child has made a decoration for the tree and it looks amazing.
- On Friday we held our Friday Festive Fun. This was really well attended and everyone seemed to have a lot offun. A huge thank you to the PTA for all their hard work in organising it. Also thank you once again to our generous and supportive parents for all the cakes and donations and for coming along. We will let you know as soon as we know how much was made. All proceeds are going towards more i-pads for your children to use at school.
- Whist talking about PTA fund raising, the Copper Challenge was a huge success and we are still counting! Thank you once again to everyone who contributed. The winning class will received a voucher to spend on toys for their classroom.
Next Week - beginning Monday 27th November
- Our Governors are meeting on Monday evening.
- The family workers are running another let’s get cooking session after school on Tuesday.
- Year 3 pupils from Wenlock will be visiting to watch year 2’s dress rehearsal.
- Year 2 will be performing their Christmas Play to half of our year 2 parents. The children have been working very hard to learn their parts, so please can we ask that you use our crèche for your younger children if you do need to bring them.
- At the end of the performance we will be asking for donations for Children in Need.
Please continue to support your child to complete their homework and to read their book each week.
Free School Meals………..If you are on any benefits or allowances, you may be entitled to FSM which is a £1300 grant that the school can use for the benefit of your child. Ask if you think you may be entitled.
Email www.luton.gov.uk or ring 01582 510346.