Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Khloe Castro-Rocha Mansirat Kaur
Renell Williams Saihaan Ali
Francis Szczepanik Jack Elgy
Casey McDonald Muteen Muhammad
Erin Hughes Leah Nowicka
Amelia Lam Eden Williams
Kuba Zarzycki Annabel Desir
Ava Carpenter Chloe Mahony-Langdon
Devon Jones Rahaan Mason-Khan
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Tasbeeha Munir Sadie Davis
Liam Parsons Iman Shezad
Nana Appiah- Nuamah Loris Blagoev
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle Orange 18 Blue 8
Circle Yellow 7 Red 2
Square Purple 34 Gold 7
Well Done Red Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to
Saskia Murdock Anna-leece Walker
Joshua Agadzi Jack Elgy
This week’s news.
- Year 2 children have had the opportunity this week to try their hand at Archery. It is amazing how accurate and skilful some of the children are! Doody, a circus skills trainer has been coming to the school for many years now and has an amazing rapport with the children. Look out for the circus skills workshop that will be run for the children later in the year.
- Our youngest group of reception children are now in school full time and seem to be very settled and happy.
- The Literacy Family Learning programme started this week and was very well attended. The children love the time spent working with their parent and the parents get the chance to see how their children learn at school, and to develop their own literacy skills. There will be more Family Learning programmes coming up during the year.
- There will be a curriculum afternoon for all year 1 and 2 parents. We invite you to come in to work with your child in the classroom. See your newsletter for details.
- We are being assessed for our 5th Green Flag award on Tuesday. The Eco team will take the assessor round our grounds and talk about our Eco work.
- Some year 2 parents have been invited to have lunch with their child on Tuesday. Sorry if you were not chosen. We would love to have had you all!
- Animal Edutainment will be visiting year 2 on Thursday. The children get to learn about and hold some very unusual animals! (They will be back to year 1 and year R later this year).
- The PTA (Parent Teacher Association) are inviting all interested parents to an informal coffee and chat in the family room on Thursday at 2.30pm. It will give you the chance to find out more without committing yourself.
- Dad, Uncles, Grandads – Saturday Play Zone is for male relatives and children in the family room from 10am-12pm. Spend a couple of hours chatting to other dads, joining in fun games and activities with your children. Let Mandy and Zoe know if you wish to come along.
If you have any questions or worries about supporting your child in their homework, please speak to the class teacher.
Please make sure all clothes, PE kit, coat, hat, shoes etc. are labelled with child’s name!
Please can I ask parents to walk their children to school if possible.
If you are driving, please do not park across resident’s driveways or on the pavement as this puts the children in danger!