Weekly News 2nd February 2018
Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
We have not chosen children for special awards this week as we are unable to have our Friday special award assembly and all the children have been working very hard at our special activities for RE week.
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Nevaeh Nicols ShaheerKhurram
Kuba Zar Nevaeh Dorsett
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Ava Carpenter Max Whiting
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle 14 Orange 35 Blue 19
Circle 7 Yellow 18 Red 9
Square 10 Purple 40 Gold 9
Well done CIRCLE Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to……
Ruby Armstrong Francis Szczpanik
Ethan Boafo Kelsey Castleman
Nevaeh Nicols Florence Andrews
Olivia-Jade Rankin Valerie Mabani
This week’s news.
- This week has been RE week. The children have been learning about different countries, religions and cultures. Our children have been able to share their own ideas and beliefs and have listened to others talk about theirs.
- The children have learnt some Hindi dancing and have worked on British Values.
- The week concluded with a ‘World Tour’ where every class had made a display with information and artefacts from their chosen country. Each child had a passport to stamp on entering the country. There were activities for the children to do and they got to have a little taste of some traditional food.
- On Wednesday some year 1 children attended a net and wall festival at Inspire. The activities were led by pupils from Denbigh girl’s school and included tennis, badminton, balloon volleyball and parachute football. Our children had a brilliant time.
- Our Early Years and Super Tips family learning continued this week.
Next Week - beginning Saturday 3rd February.
- Play Zone is on in the family room from 10am - 12 noon for children and dad’s (or other male relations).
- This will be E-safety week at school.
- On Monday Miss Goose will lead an E-safety assembly. Many of our classroom activities this week will have a focus on e-safety.
- Reception classes will have a dentist visiting to talk about tooth care on Tuesday,
- Year 1 have a Tempest Fugit performance on Samuel Pepys, which links into their history topic on the Great fire of London. Can I please appeal to parents to pay the £1 contribution which will enable us to continue to book these valuable resources that your children gain so much from!
- On Wednesday some year 2 children are attending a gymnastic festival at Salto.
- On Thursday we are holding a Health and Well-Being fair in the hall. Year 2 will visit this during the day and will take part in lots of activities. This will continue afterschool for any of our children who are keen to come with their parent. The Karate class will be doing a demonstration lesson in Gold class and our Yoga coach will be in Elmer’s room for anyone wishing to have a go.
- The PTA are meeting on Friday afternoon.
- On Saturday morning 10th Feb, from 10 am to 12 noon, our Green finger’s gardening club are meeting in the main playground. All children with a parent are welcome. The children love spending a couple of hours working in the school grounds with their parent.
IMPORTANT PARKING NOTICE BY LUTON BOROUGH COUNCIL-
“Parking on school keep clear (yellow zig-zag) markings endangers other parents and pupils and therefore, the Council is introducing CCTV camera monitoring to enable increased enforcement. CCTV cameras are being introduced to your school before the end of February 2018. If vehicles continue to park on the zig-zag markings the owners are highly likely to be issued a Penalty Charge Notice and a fine of £70. Safety is everyone’s responsibility so please think before you park and park somewhere safe and legal.”
Luton Borough Council
Parking Services – Team Leader Operations