Weekly News 2nd March 2018
Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Jasper Liberty Zikra Hayat
Joel Mukasa Zachary Williams
Amelia Lam Raya Ahmed
Xavier Daley Caitlin Smart
Alesia Filamon Haaris Mufti
Ella-Roma Jacobs-Morton Tighearnan Power
Ekamjeet Kooner Jinxie Lee
Aniyah Gazge Hasan Shezard
Vinuska VijayaKumar Scarlet Fludgate
We were unable to have a celebration assembly this week.
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle 34 Orange 6 Blue 13
Circle 18 Yellow 28 Red 16
Square 22 Purple 19 Gold 14
Well done RED Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to……
Cindy Mongan Tomi Akinleye
Amina Hussain Tobi Akinleye
Xavier Daley David Bidirel
This week’s news.
- Miss Hall led an assembly on keeping moving to keep fit. The children are advised that they should have at least 30 minutes of exercise at school plus 30 minutes at home each day. We have subscribed to a great app called 5 a day which has fun and lively 5 minute dance routines for children to follow. Each class is finding a time each day to do this and the children have found it great fun. There are lots of similar apps that could be used at home and would be great fun for the whole family to do together.
- The governor’s met on Tuesday evening.
- Orange Class performed their assembly to the rest of the school on Wednesday and then to their parents on Thursday. They did incredibly well and they obviously enjoyed the experience.
- The ECO team met at lunchtime on Tuesday.
- We also held an ECO assembly and the ECO team led this by reporting the minutes to the rest of the school. One issue the ECO team feel strongly about is the dog’s mess on the streets near the school. Have a look at their ‘Poosters’ on the website ECO page.
- The snow has caused disruption this week and sadly we had to close on Friday. We will let you know on early next week, which day we can arrange for the children to come dressed up for World Book day.
- Our site agent has worked very hard this week to keep the main paths clear and safe.
- Thursday was particularly difficult as the paths were cleared and gritted early in the morning but were covered again by the time staff arrived. Some of our staff and one kind mum cleared and gritted it again in time for the children to arrive. Our staff were back outside again at lunchtime to clear and grit paths to make it safe for children to leave. It was covered again half an hour later.
- Let us hope that Spring will soon show itself!
Next Week - beginning Monday 5th March
- We will hold our World Book day on Tuesday and hope staff and children come to school dressed up as a book character.
- On Thursday we are going to have a whole school ECO day on Waste Reduction.
- Parents will come in to watch Purple class assembly on Friday morning.
- Please get your parent governor application in this week.
Please continue to support your child to complete their homework and to read their book each week.
We have vacancies on our Governing Body for parent governors. Please apply!
Free School Meals………..If you are on any benefits or allowances, you may be entitled to FSM which is a £1300 grant that the school can use for the benefit of your child. Ask if you think you may be entitled.
Email www.luton.gov.uk or ring 01582 510346.