Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Nathan He Zikra Hayat
Hannan Ahmed Tomi Akinleye
Sapphire Minter Max Whiting
Xavier Daley Ella Regan
Gerdi Pjetri Amira Dahir
Adam Siddiqui Olivia-Jade Rankin
Anwar Dahir Hareem Fayyaz
Adomas Ilbelhauptas Flora Madadkhani
Genavieve Gregory Usman Muhammad
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Zunairah Hussain Elijah Nkrumah
A’rmin Elek Maryam Al Ruqaibi
Patrik Banaru Sophia Hortolemei
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Anahit Basmajyan Shahzain Yasir
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle 6 Orange 17 Blue 9
Circle 12 Yellow 7 Red 17
Square 4 Purple 10 Gold 18
Well done Square Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to
Aisha Begum Joel Piacard Oliwier Wojtalewics
Diya jakhu Annabel Desir Oliver Wierzbicki
This week’s news.
- The ECO team met and discussed issues that were important to them. They have discussed how they feel about the parking outside and have designed some Walk to School posters. They have already talked about not liking the dogs’ mess that is being left on the pavements and they have made some ‘Poosters’.
- They led an assembly to the whole school on Wednesday with each team member standing up to speak.
- Year 2 found the Gunpowder Plot performance very enjoyable and learnt a lot.
- Mandy and Zoe ran a family craft session which was as always, a great success.
- The PTA held an informal coffee afternoon to chat to parents about their work and recruit new members. We were so pleased to see the two parents who came along but very disappointed that so few parents feel able to help. All our pupils will benefit greatly from the new i-pads the PTA are purchasing for us. Our families benefit from the great events being organised, but the PTA team is small and this puts pressure on a few. Please consider volunteering a little of your time if possible.
Next Week beginning Monday 6th November
- Don’t forget to put your spare 1p and 2p coins to good use and send them in to our copper challenge!
- Our new Value of ‘Thoughtfulness’ will be introduced in an assembly on Monday. In this half term leading up to Christmas, we will be talking to the children about being thoughtful towards others.
- Tuesday and Thursday are parent consultation evenings for year 1 and 2. Everyone should have an appointment time. Please speak to the class teacher to rearrange if you cannot make the allotted time.
- Wednesday is an informal drop-in open evening for Year R parents from 3.15-4.30pm. There will be activities for the children and an opportunity to chat to staff about how your child has settled into school.
- We have a book fair next week that will be open in the hall during each parent evening from 3.30- 6.00pm and on Friday until 4.30 pm. Do come with your children and have a look. An excellent chance to pick up some Christmas presents!
Please ensure that you are hearing your child read regularly and that they are completing their homework on time.
If you have any questions or worries about supporting your child in their homework, please speak to the class teacher.