Our Special Award Assembly recognises children who have worked exceptionally hard or have achieved something special.
This week, Award certificates were given to…
Emilia Strangham Mumin Gulraiz
Saskia Murdock Talha Muhammad
Amina Hussain Emilia Bannan
Willow Tillotson Florernce Andrews
Eshal Ahmed James Walker
Yassine Chkifi Elizabeth Connolly
Yumna Khan Raya Mughal
Adem Hunt Aminah Hayat
Tanzeeha Munir Kaid Boyce
We also have a celebration assembly that recognises excellent work in Literacy and Writing.
Star Writer certificates were awarded to
Jessica Peters Riley Wyatt
Liv Rodrigues De Freitas Isaam Zaman
Onyx Samuels Erin Hughes
These children have put fantastic effort into their homework this week.
Class Attendance – Absence figures for this week
Triangle Orange 18 Blue 8
Circle Yellow 7 Red 2
Square Purple 34 Gold 7
Well Done Red Class. You will have Fluffy, our class bear for the week.
These children celebrated a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday to
This week’s news.
- Sadly, our office was broken into on Saturday night. The window was broken but as there is nothing valuable left in the office they went away empty handed.
- On Monday we had the trees in our willow dome cut right down as they had become too tall and unmanageable. They will re-sprout and hopefully give us a thicker, bushier dome. We do need everyone to be very careful not to snap the thin, new branches as they start to grow.
- On Tuesday an Eco assessor came to school and met our Eco team. The children led an Eco assembly, had an Eco meeting and talked about the environmental work we do while taking her for a tour of our grounds. The children represented the school really well. We have since found out that we have been awarded our fifth green flag. A big thank-you to Mrs Collis for all her hard work with the children and in putting the evidence together for the assessment.
- Twenty year 2 parents joined their children for lunch. They ate fruit and vegetables grown in our school garden. Sorry if you were not picked this time.
- Year 1 children are enjoying their weekly tennis lessons.
- All year 1 and 2 parents were invited to a curriculum afternoon in the classroom. Both parents and children enjoyed working together.
- Animal Edutainment visited our Year 2 children who were very keen to hold a salamander, giant cockroaches and a snake, just to name a few.
- All children will be having their photo taken on Monday. Any siblings in the school will also have a photo taken together.
- We are asking for food for our harvest collection. Only tins, jars or packets please. This will be donated to Stopsley Baptist Church Food works. You are welcome to come in with your child to add your donation to the display in the hall.
- Year R parents are invited to an open morning on Tuesday or Thursday. There will be a short talk by staff and you will be able to spend some time working with your child.
- Some year 2 children have been chosen to take part in a sports Invasion Games at Inspire.
- There is an introductory talk to new parents on our Family Learning programmes.
- On Friday year 1 children and staff will be dressing up for a Victorian Day and the children will be making and playing with some traditional Victorian toys.
- Year R parents are invited to an Afternoon tea with scones and jam on Friday. We hope it is a little treat for you and a fun way to get to know other new parents.
If you have any questions or worries about supporting your child in their homework, please speak to the class teacher.
Please make sure all clothes, PE kit, coat, hat, shoes etc. are labelled with child’s name!
Please can I ask parents to walk their children to school if possible.
If you are driving, please do not park across resident’s driveways or on the pavement as this puts the children in danger!